Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ever meet that one person who seems just---different?

Yeah, that's my question to you. 

So, have you ever meet that one person who seems to be completely  okay with themselves? They seem so content, perfect and well--perfect!  Have you ever wondered just how they can be like that? Does it irritate you sometimes?

It does me.

Sometimes I'll run into someone who seems to have no doubt about themselves. Every step they take seems sure. It can be aggravating seeing them like that when you're not yourself.

But I remind myself, everytime I see something like that, that I'm a work in progress. Hey, I might not be perfectly confident in myself but I'm getting there. And I'm myself, am I not? I'm not pretending! So, why fret? I'm becoming a little more sure in myself everyday. Sometimes I take two steps back but I  come back to the place I was.

I've grown a lot in the past few years. I use to be so--afraid. I wasn't just shy, I was scared. I didn't come out of my shell because I was afraid of coming out of my comfortable safety zone.

I realize, that was my mistake. I've gotten to the point were I can be me just about any where. I still struggle with it and such but at least I know I'm trying. This is an area where trying does count!

So, my challenge to you is to stand up and at least try to be who you are. I know, I know. You hear it allll the time. Even Macy commercials try and say it as they tell you just what to wear. I can remember watching some clothing stores commercial as they said, "It's the latest fashion trends" and right after, "Just be yourself!" Or something along those lines. Anyway, back to the point.

If you can try to be you you'll make a break through. If you try it will slowly become easier. Take this for instance:

When I was younger I wanted to do cartwheels. I really, really, wanted to. But I couldn't. Every time I would get ready to throw myself forward I would just chicken out. But it was that one time that I just made myself do it. Of course I didn't do it right--no! I wasn't afraid to try after that though. I wasn't afraid to throw myself forward and try. Soon enough I was able to do a cartwheel!

Or how about just last week we were at the lake and I was standing on the diving board. I said I would do a front flip off but I wasn't sure if I would. Wasn't sure if I knew how. I had run to do it several times and just ended up cannonballing but once again it was that one time I flung myself and I did it. I didn't do it perfectly, but I did it. For the rest of the day I did it. I loved doing the flips.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that once you try you'll--love it. You'll find joy in being yourself.

I know I've been sappy this whole time but we need it sometimes, don't we?

Your Friend,
Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...