Thursday, October 13, 2011

What About...Thursday?

Yes, I'm aware.
I'm aware I've been one of those terrible bloggers.
I'm aware that I kinda think y'all will have to deal. ;]

I'm also very aware that I missed my What About Wednesday again.  So. Today is going to be What About Wednesday Thursday? In case you're not sure what the crap I'm talking about, go here.

So, here we go!

What About Wednesday Thursday?


My friends and I have discussed what we notice first about someone. Some say eyes, others lips and even, for some, the nose. But I can't ever decided. What do I notice first? I finally figured it out. I notice peoples faces first. Might sound like a cheap answer, but it's true!

Faces. They are obviously all around us. We see them everyday, but although we're aware of them...we never really take the time to study them.

Do you notice how your brothers eyebrows are usually knitted together, like he's thinking (although I doubt his brain is capable of it.). Or how your mother has a strong, square jaw that has this oddly gentle and beautiful look to it? Or, even, have you noticed that your dog always has one eyebrow pointed towards the sky.

Faces tell us so much about each person we meet. Their eyes, mouths, cheek bones, eyebrows; they all speak. We just miss the messages they send because we never study them.

My mother was recently telling me about a article she read. There was a study conducted on people who had received botox (excuse spelling.) and the like. When given different pictures with people displaying different emotions, these people couldn't sympathize or feel anything the people in the pictures did. They link it to the cosmetic surgeries. Since those with botox can't move to their faces to match those in a picture, they can't share the emotion!

It took me a while to realize how amazing this is. Just because you can't use your face to express emotion like other, you loose your ability to be emotional in a sense. God, you amaze me. See how important faces are, other than the obvious. xD (I don't think skulls are too flattering.)

So, take the time to look at faces. You'll be amazed at what you'll find and what doors you can unlock. And for writers, painters and photographers, it's almost essential. Faces give inspiration for stories, art. They make the perfect subject of a photo. They are tickets into the minds of others.

Enjoy faces.
Thank God for faces.
Heck, study your own face.
Faces are so important.



With Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...