Friday, September 10, 2010

Never Forget

Tomorrow will be 9/11.

Tomorrow will be the day to remember the thousands that died in just one day within hours.

Tomorrow was the day, nine years ago, that could easily be a day that we will remember as 'The Day that Changed the World'.

Tomorrow, nine years ago, was the day the America came together as one.

Tomorrow is a day we will need to pray for those who wanted this to happen, that were effected by it and those who had to watch it happen.

Tomorrow--half the nation will go along with their every day business, not even thinking about what happened nine years ago.

Tomorrow people will be just another day for some people.

But for me?
It will never, ever, ever, be the same.
I will never be able to think of Sept. Eleventh the same.

Some people have chosen to forget it, some people don't care, some people are so ignorant they say we should all forget it.

Me?
I will pray for the families of those who were lost in that tragic day.

I was about six around the time.  I didn't know what was going on.  I didn't get it.  I didn't understand.

I knew no one who was there. Who was hurt by it or died during it.

I've never even been to New York.

But yet I still feel the pain. I still cry when I see the footage. When I see pictures of one of the towers falling and the other one with the plane flying towards it I can't express the sorrow I feel.

Now I try to imagine how it felt to be there. On that day and watch. Imagine knowing someone you love is in there. How could someone cope with that?

I saw a video that someone took of one of the towers falling from the street. You want to know what killed me? The screaming. You could hear woman, children and men screaming. Some yelling, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Not in a excited I just won this new C.D 'Oh my gosh' but in a totally different kind. The most horrified, devastated kind.

But the one picture that made me cry to no end was a soldier (or fireman, policeman, ect.) dressed in his Blues (or whatever they are called. I feel bad not knowing.). He was saluting. Shoulders squared, a brave air about him--and tears in his eyes. His face screwed up as he tried to hold back those tears. I can't even start to imagine what he saw that day.

Like I said. I was six at the time. I don't even remember much of it. But it still makes me cry. It brings unbearable pain to me. How, then, can half of America forget?

Forget the day that changed us? The day were America stood tall as one. Came together and held one another. How could people who saw this happen easily brush it aside?

How? How? How?

Why do we now treat it like it was nothing? It was something!
Some scream that the war is about 'oil' . Have they really forgotten?!?

We fight for the lives of 9/11. For the lives around us! For the children! For their children! For the future of America! I want them to look back on 9/11. Does that look like something to let be?

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I never want something like that to happen again. Never. The people who did it do though. The terrorist aren't just going to stop because they succeed in one attack.  No! Look at the past few years! Attacks have been happening not only in America but in other countries!

So after all this do you think I want a mosque built on Ground Zero?

No. Of course not.

Why? You want to know my #1 reason?

Because that's like rewarding a young child for doing something wrong. Just a billion times worse.

If we let a Mosque be built on Ground Zero it's like telling those who hate our country, "Sure! You can have it! You conquered!"

Why do you think they want to build there? It's showing they WON. But they didn't. They did not! Are we just going to forget all the lives that were lost in one day? Sure, there have been natural disasters that have caused just as many deaths. But they were NATURAL. This wasn't. This was driven by hate and prejudice. It was done by human beings.

So, I'm going to wrap this up very simply.

I will pray for those who were effected by 9/11. I will never respect the idea of a mosque being built on Ground Zero.

I will never forget September 9/11. NEVER.



Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...