Monday, April 11, 2011

Cooking: Asian Style!

Yes, I cooked.
You can congratulate me anytime. ;]

I cooked spring rolls with my mom today. Dang, they were good!
I came up with the idea Sunday when my mom and I went to the local 'Food Lion' to get some simple groceries. We were in the vegetable section and I was looking around while my mother was cursing over the poor condition of the lettuce. She does that often, no need to worry. I saw these 'Egg/Spring Roll' wraps along side the tofu and suddenly thought, "Hey! We should make egg rolls! I LOVE EGG ROLLS!" I told my mom that when my brother, Sam, came home from college we should make egg rolls since he's Mr. Asian. (He spent a summer in China and has learned to speak Chinese. Just a few days ago he learned how to make dumplings in his Chinese class.)

My mom agreed that was a good idea and then said, "Why don't we make some now?" Brilliant mother I have, brilliant. There was a recipe on the back of the wrap packaging and we followed that. And guess what, NO ONE HAD BEAN SPROUTS. No one. Do you know how DEVASTATING that is?!?! I love bean sprouts. This is when a Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Earth Fare or Farmer's Market near by would be amazing!

Anyway, we had to wait till today to make it. We didn't have all the ingredients but we did with out and substituted. We mixed carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, ginger and soy sauce together on the stove.


Then, we filled the wraps and folded them up. 









We then spread olive oil over them. 

I'm not sure what happened to this photo on my computer...

Next, we put them in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Pulled them out and...viola! Amazing, tasty spring rolls! :D




If you want the whole recipe e-mail me! (mythoughtsinone@gmail.com) I'll be glad to give it to you from the back of the box. xD

With Much Tasty Love,
Lia. 

(All photos copyrighted (c) to The Magnolia House/ Lia Day)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to let you know that my blog is going to be private for a few days while give it a makeover-I promise I'll be back! See you then, and sorry for the generic message (I'm lazy and am commenting it to all of my followers) xD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay!

    Lazy? Heck, I'd be too lazy to do THAT. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...