Sunday, April 3, 2011

Black Holes, Little Kids, and Me!

Life has been going amazingly well. Part of me is sitting there waiting for the peace to end and the other part is enjoying it. I prefer to go with the positive and happy side.

Anyway, my mother and I have been working on my black hole research paper. I think my mother has come to hate black holes, all because of me. Yay! I mean... Well, black holes ARE interesting, but as I have discovered; there is so much to know about black holes that is SO complex that it's kind of hard for a fifteen-year-old to write about. Luckily, I have my mother here to help. Thank the Lord for mothers.

Now, I have HER complaining about this black hole research paper.
Wall Street, Journaled- Black Holes: Light Bending and Mind Bending
{By the way, follow her blog! ;]}

You might be wondering why on Earth 'little kids' is in my post title, since I'm not much of a kid person. Well, I was thinking when I was walking the dogs. {The weather is AMAZING today. Finally!} A little kid, wearing a bright red shirt, and those little kid pants that look like jeans but aren't jeans...,anyway...he called out to me, saying 'HELLO!'. I replied with a 'Hello' and that was that. He just watched me walk on by.

Little kids are so fearless. If it had been a fifteen-year-old  suddenly standing up and yelling, "HELLO!" to some random girl walking by they'd think the kid had some mental issues. But, when it come to little kids, we don't think it's strange, because they're little kids and little kids do whatever they want {well, with in boundaries. xD}, whenever they want {once again, within some boundaries.}.

It made me remember the days when I wasn't afraid of anything. My mom and dad tell me stories all the time about how I'd jump off of nearly anything. Apparently, I scared them a lot too. As I look back I begin to miss the days I was so fearless. My dad often talks about how, when I was little, I wasn't afraid to trust anybody. I had experienced let down, of course. But I hadn't learned how to fear it yet. My dad also pointed out that we sort of learn to fear. I didn't fear water when I was little. In fact, I adored it. We use to live near a pool. I remember riding bikes or walking over to the pool, swimming and eating Air Heads.

So, to put it simply: I want to go back to being seven.
My friend, Emmy, and I decided seven was the best age to be. I think it's because you can understand some things but not everything, so you're not worried about everything. You're free to have fun, but people still listen to you sometimes.

I remember wanting to grow up. Now, even when I'm not really 'grown up', I already want to head back to the golden days of being seven. But this has all made me realize I'm wrong when I say I don't like little kids. In fact, the truth is I love them. I love them so much I want to be one of them. The thing is, I don't like being the older one. I don't like being with little kids when I'm older. 


No wonder God said to have faith like children. Children are what I wish to be. Fearless and accompanied by a giant imagination.

No, I'm not saying I can't WAIT to have kids of my own and I would love to work with kids. No, I'm saying I would love to BE a kid, again. I think everyone does. But, growing up has it's perks too. I'll tell you those when I think of them, okay?

There is ONE little kid in my life [ who is sadly growing up too quickly] that I'd spend days on end with. I know, she's annoying at times. In fact, she's annoying a good 80% of the time, but that has just made me love her more.

Her name is Jenea. She's sweet. She runs with the boys, but acts like a girl. She's beautiful. She's annoying. She looks a lot like her mom. She has a great imagination. She's a pastors daughter. She's a little string bean. She has the worse birth date ever {9-11}. She's piratically perfect in every way.


The one in the middle is Little Miss J.


I just thought I'd share the best kid out there with y'all.

LIA

4 comments:

  1. I envy that faith and trust of children, but at the same time it terrifies me… such horrible things are out in the world. My mother has always said I was born 40, and I've never trusted anyone (haha, I actually bit my pastors finger when I was shown to him as a baby, which is a joke within the family because he was a creep). Even as a child I was the one who would give the death stare to any stranger, while my sister would smile at every face she saw (we've always been opposites in that way). I know my mindset has brought me more safety than hers has brought her, but I DO envy that fearlessness… lol, I'll stop rambling right now. My point is, sometimes ignorance is bliss, but knowledge is also power, so being seven and having a blend sounds heavenly (and 7 is my fav. Number ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! It's kind of scary what a little kid will do. I scared my parents all the time.

    I now trust NO ONE. XD Strangers STILL get the death look from me. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, me too! Saturday this guy honked at me, and I was already ticked, so when he turned left and I looked over to see if it was someone I knew, and it WASN'T, yeah, he got a death stare. It was in my main square and the speed limit is 20mph, so he might as well have been walking past my car he was so close and SLOW. Lol, that probably mostly stemmed from other frustrations, though, but he did look a little taken aback/frightened xD lol. That wound up cracking me up after the fact xD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha! Usually when I'm walking I have my dog, Luna. She's a great dane so most people just stare when I go by. xD I got use to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...