Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Photo Challenge: Introduction/Gracie

"This your chance photographer bloggers! Pick up your camera and take pictures, at least once a week, in the Photo Challenge! What is the Photo Challenge? There are several questions that are for several weeks of blog posting. At least once a week, answer the questions with a photo you took. It has to be a photo taken by you and no one else. Under each photo explain your answer. Have fun, Photographers of the Blogger-sphere!
              List of subjects/questions:
  • One of your pets.
  • What is your favorite school subject?
  • Where do you like to spend most of your days?
  • What is your favorite 'get-a-way' spot. 
  • Who do you look up to?
  • What do you love to do most?
  • What is your favorite hobby?
  • What do you spend most of your time doing?
  • Your favorite article of clothing.
  • The best part to your house.

  • Favorite place in your town.

  •  Best food in town (that you know of.). 

  • What is the best book you own?

    •  Favorite house around town. 

  • (And now for the hardest...) The best picture you have EVER taken.  
Enjoy! (And be sure to share!!!)"

 Are you ready for the first part of Lia's photography challenge? Well, let's see! The first subject was...*checks*...one of my pets. Well, lucky for me I have pets out the wazoo, so-I have plenty pictures of them too!

Photo Challenge- Week 1- Day 1


One of your pets. 
Gracie-My Rat Terrier 

This is Gracie, an old Rat Terrier. Most people haven't heard of the breed and ,when they see them, mistake them for Jack Russell's (who are now 'Parson Terriers' Blah.). Since we have a Jack Russell (Lord, help us.) people think he is her brother, although it's obvious that they have a different build. For one, Gracie, who we didn't name, has more of an Italian Greyhound build, which means she's slender, not stocky. Her nose is longer and more pointed than J.R.T's (Jack Russell Terriers). 

Example:
Well, okay, she's kind of FAT in this picture...
Anyway, my Gracie- girl has been with us for a long, long time, compared to the first dog that I was ever able to claim 'mine'. I believe I got her sometime in 2004 or 2005. I remember my dog Blade, who I had only for five months and made my life pure bliss, died in the beginning of December. My loving Aunt Julie was the one who located Gracie and gave her to me for Christmas. In my family, you must understand, that animals are more than just, well, animals. They're a living, thriving part of our family. In other words, we go around calling our pets our 'sisters', 'brothers, 'daughters' and 'sons. Yeah, pathetic, but I don't care. 

Anyway, I remember that I wasn't excited about Gracie. In fact, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't even want her. I mean, come on! I had just lost the greatest dog known to man, who had become my closest friend, no joke. And I had only gotten to know him for FIVE months. Imagine meeting a sibling for the first time then having them ripped away from you suddenly. I know, others have gone through that and it's been much more traumatic, but to a seven or eight year old it's devastating to lose the dog that changed your world. 

So, I didn't want Gracie. I didn't like her name, it was too common. I didn't like her size, I was use to big dogs like Irish Wolfhounds. I just didn't want her. 

Then, my Aunt shows up around Christmas with her in a dog crate. She sets her down in the living room, opens the crate and out comes Gracie, the new best friend. She had a red bow around her neck that looked AMAZING against her black, white and brown. Her size? Well, she sat perfectly in my seven year old arms. Her name? I could deal with it. And I have. 

Now, I don't know what I'd do with out Miss. Gracie. She's sweet, until she sees vermin that MUST be taken care of. Hence the name 'Rat Terrier'. Every opossum around here must know about Gracie: The Killer. And, now that she's gotten older (she's around ten now.), she's gotten grumpier and constantly snaps at Frasier, the J.R.T.

And, Gracie has only snapped at me ONCE and that was because I accidentally sat on me and I think she thought I was Frasier..., she has snapped at my brother and mother (don't worry, we've stopped that. Not tolerated here!) but never, ever did she snap at me. I always believed it was because she knew I loved her best and that we were together for everything. She's also the only dog we can let out of the house with out a leash. She's a smart on. :]

Every time someone new walks through the door she has a routine of wagging her tail hello, then rolling over and waiting to be patted by the new-comer. She folds up like paper and can curl up into tiny little balls, so she fits perfectly anywhere. 

In other words, the dog I thought I didn't want is now sitting in my lap, sniffing me and bringing me so much joy. I love to hold her tight, bury my face in her fur and have a good cry when I need to. She's a great dog and she's mine. OH, I love ALL our pets, but she is mine and has stuck with me for a nice long time. I don't love her more than any other pet, I just know she's the perfect pet that I almost rejected. (And she makes a great model! Her son is a model. He's on calendars. :D) 

I love you, Gracie!

Gracie's Nicknames: Skittles, Gracie-Gray, Gray-Gray, Toodle-Too and Little Miss Gracie. I bet your dog isn't as cute as mine. ;]


Love,
Lia


2 comments:

  1. And her other nickname, when she is out in the thicket in the driving rain furiously attacking a possum?

    !2#!%*!#+*^%4###@!@3@!
    (bleeeeeep)
    Come here!
    Leave it!
    (bleeeep)
    Well you get the idea :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...