Tuesday, March 29, 2011

'Her Children Will Rise Up and Call Her Blessed...'

Proverbs 31:28: "Her children will arise and call her blessed.."

I don't know if you know, but my mother is a single mother. My mother is a working mother. My mother is a homeschool mother. My mother is a mother of four.

My mother is a blessing from God.

I know, from your view, your mom is much better. But, no. My mother can only be the best mother for me. God really knew what he was doing when he stuck a crazy, insecure, head-in-the-clouds-type-of-girl with my mom, a sensible, thoughtful and wise woman, who, even though she has her flaws, makes everything worth while.

Lately, school has been killing me, since I missed two weeks from being sick. I nearly had a break down today. I was almost crying, which made me upset, which made the tears worse, so on and so forth..., but my amazing mother, the woman I call blessed, sent me this e-mail just hours ago:

 Lia,I am very proud of you for trying to do your work independently. You have tried very hard to understand and do things on your own. But trying to do it all on your own is causing you a great deal of stress, which makes doing schoolwork very difficult. As you have seen with your breathing, your health is affected by the way you handle stress. Therefore we must find positive ways for you to deal with the challenges in your life. There will always be challenges, both good (wow! I get to drive!)and bad (oh no! I ran out of gas!) so it's important to learn ways to approach these things in your life. As for your school work, remember: Mr. B----- doesn't set your grades, I do. Therefore, the worst that can happen is you turn stuff in late, or you do poorly on the final exam. Even these situations can be amended. If you do poorly on the exam, you can be retested. They do it all the time in public school. SO---take a deep breath and work your plan. Do what you can and leave the rest to God. Don't beat yourself up or use negative thoughts. In fact, if you feel really upset, quote Bible verses out loud or use simple thoughts to change how you look at things. Instead of "I can't do this", think "I will work on this bit by bit until it is done." Instead of "I can't understand", think "If I don't understand, I can ask others for help." or "Sometimes new information is hard to understand for everybody. I will work on understanding in sections and will ask for help."These things are true!!!I am smart.I am capable.I am a hard worker.I am creative.I can ask for help.I can make mistakes and then learn from them.I can remain calm and think about ways to solve a problem. Do not panic. Look at each day, not at all the days ahead, and balance yourself in that day. Thank God for what happens in that day. I love you very much and I will not be mad at you if you ask for help. We are in this together;  you are NOT alone. And you will do fine, I promise. You take care of yourself--enough sleep, exercise, sunshine, nutritious food, daily medicines/supplements, and one thing to look forward to each day. Also, a few minutes in the Bible and in prayer each and every day. The rest will fall into place. Love, Mom 

I love you mom, I really do.

I promise to get you that house you want, no matter what.

From left to right: My Aunt Jean, my Mom, Uncle Arthur, Aunt Julie. [I DO NOT OWN THIS PICTURE.]


Love,
Lia

6 comments:

  1. Your mom is clearly a truly amazing woman :). I know that was written for you, but wanted to tell you I actually needed to hear it as well-I've been really overwhelmed lately and have really been breaking down under the stress of school and preparing for college (and spending too much money on all these application/housing/orientation fees!). But I can make it, I just need to take it one step at a time and make the most of each day :). Thanks so much for sharing her words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was able to help you too!

    I've been praying for you, actually, because I just felt like you needed it. I know you're stressed out, I couldn't imagine. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you so much! Today I was getting a CT scan (haha, I keep getting medical tests, don't I?), and was fairly worried about the IV process because of my colonoscopy gone wrong, but I started praying, and this peace came over me... and they actually got my IV on the first try for once. Anyway, even though things have been stressful, I'm feeling more... faithful. I'm feeling God more than I have in ages. So thank you for praying, I really needed it... that means the world to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good! I hope I never, ever have to deal with an IV. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with it again!!

    Colonoscopy? OUCH. I've heard those hurt! Wow. I hope everything works out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...