Monday, March 14, 2011

Release of the Paper Tigers

And here it is...

[I begin to change tenses. I've been doing that lately. WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH THAT?!?! Anyway...]




"A character, my character. I have a ton of those. In fact, I don't even remember all the characters I've made, that's how many. I tapped my fingers on my laptop keyboard, like if I tapped them they'd awake and tell me what to write. Of course, my keys stayed asleep and let me do all the work. Lazy bums. I guess I hit them enough that they deserve a rest, right?
Anyway, back to the dilemma. I was startled by a video chat alert coming from Skype. I blinked. Who was Trigger108? How did they get on my contact list? I pulled up the chat window and was greeted with the familiar face of none other than, Trig, one of my favorite characters I've ever made. I choke on my own spit and head into a coughing fit.
“Don't act so shocked. For pete's sake, I come from you,” No greeting, just commandments. Sounded just like Trig. I stare at my computer screen for a second, sure that this is just a trick. Trig rolls her big, brown eyes and blows a bubble with her bright pink gum. She glances over her shoulder before turning back to me.
“I can't take long, you know, all that saving world crap, but I just wanted to tell you: choose me.” She says, pushing one of her black curls out of her face, but it falls right back down into her line of sight, just like in my story.
“I'm not sure who I'm going to write about...”
“Well, now you know. Me.” she snapped. Someone calls in the background but she ignores them, rolling her eyes at whoever it was. My guess was Numb, but it could quite possibly be Tar too. I shake my head and laugh.
“I don't know Trig. Andorea is a good pick too, and she's all mysterious.”
Trig's eyes narrow and nearly shoot bullets at me. I shudder and look away. I made one creep character, I almost feel bad for Numb and Rat, her brothers. I pick up a pencil from my desk and twirl it around my fingers as Trig launches into a mini-rant.
“I hope you realize that Andorea,” Trig growls, “Is just a crappier me! Anyway, I was your first kick-butt story character who was in a story with an actual plot. Andorea has nothing on me. Anyway, isn't she a dramatic? From what I understand she needs to take a freaking chill-pill before she burst.” “Wait,” I interrupt, “ You've read that story?” “Of course, idiot! I'm in your head, am I not?” It felt strange to hear Trig, my creation, talk about my other stories. In fact, it was down right creepy. It almost gave me chills. How would you react if you doodled a stick man and, all of a sudden, he jumps of the page and yells, “Hey, Bill, give me some freaking clothes! I'm not some wried-o nudest!” “But, then how are you Skypeing me?” I ask, confused.
“I dunno, you tell me. I'm guessing because you're insane,” “Am not!”
Trig smirks and lean backs into her chair. She crosses her arms and ask, “So, have we come to an agreement?” “I don't know...” “Good grief! You're always leaving me in suspense! You quit my story. Do you know that makes me feel? Well, I feel abandoned. I want to know what happens to all of us, Numb, Rat, Tar, Izzy and I? And why the heck is Cross dead? Way to make me depressed. And, just so you know, we're all in limbo over here, since you, our creator, has quit on us!”
I swallowed. She was right, she was so right. “I see, Trig. But I'm caught up in two other stories right now.” I apologize, even though I know it won't do any good. Trig set her jaw and glares at me for a moment. I can feel another rant coming on. “Oh, I see. Kyra and Akita are way more important that little, old me, sitting in limbo.” she says through clenched teeth. I sigh, Trig was a pain, this I knew when I created her, but I didn't know she was this bad.
“No, Trig...” “Yes, that's how you see it. Well, the least you could do is write this little Release of Lia's Crappy writing about me. Just saying,” I nod. Again, she's right. I look down at the clock for an excuse to leave. Yes! I have to get ready for dance soon.
“I know,” Trig mummers, “You got to go to dance. But, just remember me every once and a while, okay?” I feel bad for Trig. I give her a sympathetic smile.
“Of course ,Trig.” There's a long sigh for the other end and I see Trig reach for the computer mouse. Before she's able to exit out video chat I blurt out, “Hey, Trig. Just remember, you'll always, always hold a special place in my heart. Being my first kick-butt character and all.” A small smile twitches at Trigs lips. Right before she exits the chat I here her say, “Good Lord, don't be so sappy.” I laugh, I couldn't love Trig more."


I hope you like. :D 

1 comment:

  1. That was great! You're a brilliant writer, truly... I felt like I was there, seeing things from your perspective! Trig felt so real... wow, I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...