Monday, March 14, 2011

A Update From The Land Of Lia

Land Of Lia is 'lol'..., how nice!

Well, I know I haven't posted in a while. That might be due to the fact that I've been ether reading, writing, doing schoolwork, working or sleeping. I haven't been as much  of a computer-gazer as I'm known to be. In other words; I haven't been sitting in front of the computer for most of my day, instead, I've gotten back into my favorite habit. Reading books, a long lost love.

I seemed to be stuck there for a while. No, forever. Not since school started. Do you know how long that is? SIX FREAKIN' MONTHS!!!! That's how long! I've been craving a new, exciting, good-smelling [Yes, I smell books. Don't judge.] book since a half past forever. Although, the book I got from B&N last Thursday wasn't that good of a book, I ate it up. Yesterday, I sat down with it and just tore into it. I was so happy. Oh, I guess I should tell you which book it is, right? It's I Am Number Four by 'Patticus Lore'. The book was okay, I guess. It was nothing amazing and, for me, it was easy to guess what happens next, but I'm known be like that with every book.

The beginning is pretty slow, but you have a lot to learn about 'Number Four', who in this book, goes by John Smith. I got annoyed with all the generic names, like Sarah, Mark and Sam. The only one who had a semi-cool name was, Henri, who had to be one of my favorite characters.

The amazing thing though, is that I chose which book to buy at B&N in about, I don't know, thirty seconds. Never, ever, has it taken me that quick. Never. Usually it takes me at least a good fifteen minutes to half a hour. I know, call me ridiculous, but there are so many choices. So many books that are waiting there, ready for me to open them up and dig deep down into their pages and stay there for a while. Just thinking about it makes me want to smile.

Since I have no new book to pick up, I'm rereading this book called, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. The book gives me some good laughs, but there a lot of parts I could do with out. The overall plot line, and what you learn [sort of], is good. In the end, you take a few things away, like don't drink [sounds cliche, but in the book--it's not.], don't let your families disabilities hold you down, and you don't have to be who other people want you to be, reach for bigger things. Okay, I realize that sound realllly sappy, but in this book it isn't. At all.

I really like the cartoons too, they keep the book light, even in the really, really sad parts of the book. I enjoy some of the drawings in there too, because they make the character come alive a little more, and like the main character says; the speak to you in a way that sometimes words can't. Although, they're not all sentimental, they can give you a good idea what Junior, the main character, is thinking.

After reading it though, I'm kind of shocked that the library recommend this to teens. That's the only reason I picked it up. But, like I said, it has some good points in there that aren't said in sappy cliches, but actually kind of--move you.

Okay, enough talk about books. It's making me want to write when I actually have to continue to work on my Black Holes research paper. Dear Lord, help me. This paper is going to be the death of me because I keep on procrastinating on it.

Oh, crap. I have to debate tomorrow, too. Good grief, good golly. Actually, I don't know if I'm going to Classical tomorrow. I came home from work today and threw up, breakfast and lunch. It was nasty, that's all I got to say. Anyway, I'm not feeling too great right now, but I got to work on my paper and debate because I might go to school tomorrow. I hate having to work when I don't feel good, I feel like I should be laying around, but I already took a nap.

Oh, and I was tagged, on Facebook, on this Release the Paper Tigers thing. I really want to do it, but I'm too scared to actually share my writing with people I know and who aren't my close friends. So, I decided I'd do it on a blog post first to see what you guys think. The last clip of writing I put up here was far and beyond terrible. Hopefully this one will be better.

Well, my Black Hole paper awaits! Toodles!

With Much Love,
Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...