Saturday, March 5, 2011

Suspense

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.

Haha, I bet the suspense is really killing you guys because I neglected to tell you how my dance competition went till 8 at night. So, to keep you in 'suspense' I'm going to tell you why I'm dying of suspense.


Inception.






The movie Inception , which I thought was going to be mildly exciting, since I knew barely anything about the plot except it had to deal with dreams, has become one of my favorite movies ever. And that can be hard to do on the first try. Movies I really like include: The Pursuit of Happyness, as you know, Temple Grandin, POC1, 2 and 3, To Save A Life, Bend it Like Beckham [don't ask, just don't], Tron, The Bourne Series, and now--Inception.

The plot is gripping, the suspense is dangerous and the end just wanted to make...well, I won't tell you.
Hate me yet?

I really adored that movie and I'll have to watch it again after the high that the movie left me in wears off. I suggest you see it if you haven't already. I enjoyed it, a lot!

Now to the dance competition. Well, there's not much to say, actually. I've had this strange feeling all day since the competition. I feel..., I don't know the word, unfulfilled. With what? I don't know. I guess all the stress over it building up for the past few days for others and for me seemed to make the whole thing bigger than it actually was. I got on stage, danced, messed up a few times, had my triumphs and then...it was over.

That sounded depressing when it's not! I just felt weird afterwards because everything seem to happen slowly, then speed up, then next thing you know it's over. And I don't even know if my dance studio, which, like the others, had several other dances in there, won anything. The thing just ended about a hour ago and I left about seven hours ago.

After THAT little bit there, I'll tell you what it was like. If you have ever been to dance competition then, of course, you know what it's like. For me I felt like I was about to drown in dance. Yes, drown in dance. It would be a happy death, thank you very much. Dancers were everywhere. So many different and exciting costumes. Bright and dark, funky and elegant, cool and plain out what-the-crap-were-you-thinking? Everywhere. 


I'm sure our costumes almost hurt people eyes, but they were cute. The out fit had a tight torso, like most dance outfits, and it flared out at the waist down to a little above mid-thigh. The base of the outfit was bright pink, then it has this whole squiggly, faded bright color design on it. It's really hard to describe. Anyway, the material was super shiny so it made everything look brighter and stand out more. Around you belly-button was a sewed on turquoise sash with a fake diamond circle on it that I played with constantly because it could slid up and down the sash.  There was a turquoise ribbon to go with it that matched the color of the leotard under it. We wore our hair in low ponytails with the ribbons tied in them.

I ran into a girl who was in my 5th or 6th grade class. I can't remember. It was kind of cool to see her there. My mom said she did really good and was very graceful. Kudos! xD

I can't say how I felt on stage. It's kind of a blur. Mostly, I remember all the times I screwed up, which isn't good, is it? I do remember one part, when I had to do this paddle turn, then sashay [I'm not sure how you spell that, spell check isn't helping much here.] and paddle turn again. That is so clear in my mind for some reason. And when we had to do this box step, that I forget every time till the night before the competition, and when we were walking off stage. I was highly agitated with myself for missing certain steps. It drove me crazy.  It still does. Argh!  

My mother also said I did really good, although when I got of stage I was ticked with myself. When I look back, over the hours [haha], I realize it was a fun time anyway!

Yeah, I cut this whole post short because I have to go to bed soon. Another long day ahead!

I LOVE DANCING.
Just thought I'd tell you. :D

Lia

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went good!
    Hate that I missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE INCEPTION! It is such a SMART movie, you know? Whoever designed the plot for this film deserves as many awards as they could possibly get-there just wasn't room in something so complicated for a single error-and whoever that person is, they're brilliant.

    I know what you mean about that lack of fulfillment... I felt like that after prom the first couple times, and it seems most people feel that way after something they highly anticipate. I'm so glad it really went well though :D :D :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth- I know, right? It's brilliant! They must have spent forever coming up with the plot.

    Yeah, good point! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Congratulations on your competition! Everybody only remembers the mistakes during a competition, don't worry about that for a second!!

    I know you did an AMAZING job!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...