Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life Goes On for Noah and the Whale

I recently shared some of my current favorite songs. Well, I have another one to add.

Noah and The Whale- L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N



When I first played the song, after getting on a Youtube rabbit trail, I didn't like it much. In fact, all I liked was the 'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N' part of it. That was all. The next day I saw it in the suggestions on Youtube and decided to play it again, for some odd reason. Now-I really like it. It's been stuck in my head all day.

I do hope you enjoy!

Other news:
This week, for school, I get to write a narrative poem. Good thing no one in my class knows I like to write poetry, because I have this feeling my poem is going to be pretty darn bad. Why? Because I suck, entirely, at rhyming and I want to try and make this poem rhyme. I'm pretty sure I don't have to but I'm sure others would rather it rhyme. Maybe I shouldn't. Who knows? At least I can make it whatever I want! That's a plus.

Wait, I just read the assignment in the 'Course Guide'. Crap. It should rhyme. There goes my hopes and dreams! Ha!

I'm also excited because: 1] This Friday my youth group is having a lock in, which are ALWAYS fun! We should be painting the 'youth room'. We have some pretty good ideas about what it is going to look like, but it's one of those you- never- know- till -you -get- there situations. I don't even know what the colors are going to be like. Hopefully something fun, exciting, and pleasant to look at. I highly doubt it will be bad looking because, you know, we have such great taste. ;D

And 2] My friend Kendra is having her 17th birthday part this weekend. She knows how to have some wicked sweet parties because she invites some wicked sweet friends. [Don't you, Kendra?] Anyway, the best part is that we get to dress up, yes, dress up, like a Disney Princess or Disney girl character, sort of. I bet you'll never be able to guess who I'm going to be! Really, you won't. Because half of the world has forgotten this movie anyway...I almost did. I am going to be...[drumroll]...

I do not own this photo. 
PRINCESS KIDA FROM ATLANTIS!

Mhmm, the totally awesome girl from Atlantis: The Lost World/Empire [or whatever it is] with white hair. Remember her now? The costume is in the making and I'm excited.

So, if you could be ANY Disney character, who would you be?

Although Princess Kida isn't my first pick, she is pretty cool. She kicks butt, that's for sure. I think my first, from the top of my head, pick might be Mulan. I'm not sure, again. Mulan is a pretty, kick-butt, heroin, don't-mess-with-me type of girl, if I remember correctly.  And I like my main characters to always be like that--unless they're a guy, then I don't really have a preference. Haha!

Oh, and guess what!
MY DAD VISITED THIS WEEK! I got a 'surprise' visit from my dad this week. He came Monday afternoon and is leaving tonight. I had a wonderful and great time with him, although I times I didn't treat him too nicely. :/

Last night, after school, he took my mom and me to T.G.I Friday's. I had a tasty meal of ribs and steak. Yeah,  it was pretty fan amazing. And, to top it off, he took us to Coldstone Creamery. Best place ever. If you didn't know---I'm an ice cream freak. I could eat ice cream for the rest of my life. I'd take 1,000 brain freezes if it meant ice cream every now and then. Yes, I adore ice cream. [But I actually turned some down today. I'm trying to be a healthy eater, although that doesn't always work out (cough, cough)]

I gave my I.E yesterday too. I think I did pretty well! I believe [and hope] that I spoke loudly, clearly, and slowly. I found that tapping my finger on my hip, or something along those lines, helps me keep a descent speed while talking. My teacher seemed to have liked the topic of my speech, considering it went along with what we are studying in American Documents. [To refresh your memory: the speech I recited was Susan B. Anthony's speech after she was convicted of voting.]

Well, folks, that's all for now!
With much love,
Lia

P.S
Having parents who are getting old and can't hear you is really hard. But you'll get through it. x] Haha, I love you mom and dad, dearly.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your life is going awesome! Love you, Lia! Miss you pretty bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really fun song! The LIFEGOESON (I'm too lazy to put periods between all that XD) is my favorite part, too.

    The lock-in is gonna be awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm coming for a least part of it :D

    Well shucks, I'm glad you think I have fun parties :D It's definitely because of the FRIENDSS (:

    PRINCESS KIDA IS AWESOME! I USED TO LOVE HER BUT I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT HER! :D That is possibly the most awesome thing you could be :D I'm suuuuper excited to see how the costume turns out :D

    I'm glad your dad is visiting! That's awesome! Tell him I say hi :D

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla- Next time I'll tackle you. That would be tomorrow. Look out.


    Kendra- Haha, I am too but I can't stand writing it with out the periods.

    YAYYY! YOU'RE COMING!

    Yay, glad I picked a good one. xD

    Um, a little too late...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, would you type louder please, I can't hear you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw Kida's picture I totally flipped-that is an AWESOME idea!!! I hope both the lock in and the party were fun, and I'm glad you got a visit from your dad (and great food too!). And way to go with your IE! I'm glad things are going good for you right now :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...