Monday, February 7, 2011

To Celebrate...

Guess what!/?

This is the 100 post on my blog. Don't you think this is a cause for a slight celebration? I do!

I never thought I'd reach 100 blog post but I guess I have. This means I must have fulfilled my goal to annoy my followers with a billion post a week. I'm on a roll!
And, since I'm so nice, I decided to give a gift to all the followers who have sat through these 100 blog post patiently!

Drum roll please!

I'm going to let you wonderful people see...
AN EXCLUSIVE CLIP OF MY STORY!
Oh, sorry, I guess that's not as exciting as I might have made you believe but it's still a huge step for Lia-kind. I rarely share writing unless it's old writing. Another one of my faults, you see. I have the hardest, I mean, the hardest, time showing other people my work. From dancing to writing! So, at dance, I shrivel up and become afraid to move around the other people. If anyone has tips on how not to do that I'd love 'em forever [and ever and ever and ever and ever...].

Anyway, back tot he exclusive look into my story. You'll meet some characters I've already done character profiles on. If you can identify then--well--nothing! [Exciting, right?]

Here it is, the un-named story clip:

"Leah brushed a thin strand of hair from her eyes and looked around the store as the cashier rung up her pathetic lunch. A couple stood in front of the drink section, debating over which drinks to get for the car ride. A woman with string, gray hair leaned against the counter beside the cashier, staring up at the ceiling.
At first Leah didn't notice her, the tall teenage girl with messy black hair and the strange attire, but when her eyes roamed over the store one more time she caught sight of her. Leah stared, unconsciously, as the girl looked down at a bag of chips in her hands. The teen didn't seem to know what to do with the bag. She poked it a few times, shrugged, then returned it to the shelf.
“Ma'am, that would be six seventy-five.”
Leah turned back around to face the cashier. She absently dropped the money she had clutched in her fist on the counter and pushed it towards him. Her eyes wandered back to the girl. She was handling a candy bar now, which, to her, was seemingly interesting.
The lady beside the cashier followed Leah's gaze and shook her head.
“She's been in here for at least an hour, poking around. I'm tempted to call the cops on her but it's kind of funny.” the lady chuckled, returning to looking up at the ceiling.
“Probably lost, by the looks of it. I'll see if I can help her,” Leah said, squaring her shoulders and collecting her items from the store counter. Even if Issac didn't believe she was fit for any of the work he did she was sure she could handle a lost child, all by herself. She, in fact, wasn't a child and knew how to handle herself and others in difficult situations and this lost child was certainly not a challenging situation.
Leah, frozen deli sandwich and soda underarm, sidle up to the girl's side. The girl paid her no mind, instead she continued to poke around. Leah gave the girl a gentle smile, which was ignored also.
“Excuse me,” Leah said, placing a hand on the her arm to gain her attention. It was suddenly flung off and the girl, with narrowed eyes, shoved Leah away. Leah stumbled backwards, shocked by the teens abrupt actions. The cashier and gray haired lady watched from behind the counter as Leah took another step forward.
“Don't worry, I'm not here to cause you trouble,” Leah comforted. It appeared, to her, that this girl had mental problems of some sort, which could easily be overcome with tender coaxing. She held out her hand as if trying to convince a startled kitten to come out from under the bed.
The girl simply turned on her heels and continued down the store aisle, boots clicking on the floor. Leah could feel her cheeks heat up, soon enough she would be blushing. Maybe Issac was right and she couldn't handle this job. She took in a deep breath, glanced back at the cashier and gray-hair lady, and then followed the girl.
The teen shoved open the back door, which emptied out into the back parking lot, and disappeared. Leah picked up her pace and followed, almost dropping her purchases. As she swung open the back door something blew past. It wasn't till Leah turned her head and looked down the alley way did she realize that it was the girl, on a black horse.
Leah gripped the door handle and took in a long breath. It was like this girl was haunting her."

Wow. So, I know, I know, the writing is pretty dang bad but, to make an excuse, it was random part to get me out of writers block. So, I'm not even sure this will BE in my story. And, yeah, you'd have to know more about the story to get this whole part, sadly. Anyway, it's just an idea for you guys. Haha!
This past weekend has been busy but fun! Saturday was the Winter Jam and may I just say--it rocked. [No pun attended.]  There was Red, Christ August, Kutless, Francisca B. [I can't spell her last name! xD], New Song, David Crowder Band and Newsboys. I never really, really liked the Newsboys. I thought they were cool but their songs could get old pretty quickly, although they had a unique sound. I wasn't sure how they were going to sound now that Peter Furler was gone and Micheal Tait [it's an 'i', right?] in his spot. 
But Micheal Tait made them even better, if I do say so myself. I enjoyed his never ending energy and all the simple but exciting extras they had! They made every song energetic. And, I swear, I yelled my heart out that night!
Sunday, as you all, hopefully, know was Super Bowl!!! I went to my old, awesome, wicked-sweet churches Super Bowl part and had a BLAST. Much to my dismay, my team, the Steelers, lost. I say the game was rigged. ;] Okay, I'm NOT a Steelers fan but since it was ether them or the Green Bay Packers....yeah, you get my point. 
I had a wonderful time with my friends at CCC, the Church, and am glad I got to hang out with them. I don't get to do it often! 


Well, it looks like I'm sick or something. The Flu has been going around like wild fire but the doctor took a test and says I don't have the Flu! Thank gosh! 


I have to go to bed now! I've been super tired all day, I even slept half of it away, so, I think and mother says it's time to go to bed. 


Good-night,
Lia







4 comments:

  1. Yes, my dear, off to bed so you can feel better tomorrow (hopefully).
    Thanks for sharing your story in honor of your 100th blog post. I've got a long way to go to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA. 100 posts!? That's epic!! I am 96 posts behind you. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy- Hahaha! YOU CAN DO IT!!

    It won't take long though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...