Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Birthday Bash( ing my head in)

As you know, I'm turning 16 in about a week.
Whoa. That's really close. Super close. And we have no set plans. 


Well, I do know that my Dad, one of my friends, and I will happily be going to Carowinds. Yay! We get to ride lung-crushing roller coasters, do crazy loopty-loops fifty feet up in the air, we get to scream till our throats are numb! Oh, wait. We don't know when though. Why? Because, my Dad is a truck driver and his dispatchers can't give him a set day he'll be here. Do you know how hard it is to invite someone to do something when you don't even have the date? Pretty dang hard.

You know what makes that even worse? My Dad's truck has been broken down for about two weeks and is just NOW being fixed. How screwy is that? But, if timing is right, he'll be here by the beginning of next week, or July 5th, the day before my birthday.

That's not the only problem. I have a job. I have to ask for days off next week. Tell me, how are you suppose to ask what days you want off when you don't know which days you need?

>insert head bashing<

So, to put it simply, I'm a little frustrated at the moment. I pray that everything will work out (I mean full on,  hands and knees, pleading praying) and I'll have a great birthday. I mean, it is my sweet sixteen. It should be fun, no matter what, right?

Tell about your sweet sixteen if you've already had one or you're planning  an upcoming one.
I'm still kind of mystified. I'm turning sixteen. I remember when my brother Sam, who is now almost 20 (!!!!), turned 16. I can see the picture of him beaming over his cheesecake with the number-candles, reading '16', shoved in it, in my head right now. His hair was short, he was wearing a white tee-shirt, I think, and he had just gotten back from drivers ed.  Seriously, all he asked for was a cheesecake. I stepped it up a bit. I asked for a cheesecake AND Carowinds. (Don't worry, we get a discount thanks to AAA. Awesome peeps.)

Ah, memories.
Let's hope my 16th is all good memories, no bad ones. :]

Happy Birthday to everyone turning 16 this year!


3 comments:

  1. My sweet sixteen was awesome.......... yeah.... um... next year??


    GLAD IT'S ALL WORKED OUT :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! I hope it goes absolutely amazingly! :D :D :D!!! And Carowinds? SWEET! So jealous ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah- Ahaha! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!!!

    Elizabeth- #1- Glad to hear from you!!
    #2- Thank you! I can't wait for it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...