Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm Alive!

Wow.
I have been a terrible, terrible blogger, haven't I?
To tell you the truth...,it's because I've been too lazy to make a blog post (Well, my computer was messing up but I was mainly just too lazy.) My recital was Sunday and even then I didn't make a blog post. I guess I should make one then, shouldn't I?

(I've been slow on my photography lately too, so no pictures on this post.)

Now, my recital.
My recital was good. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. It was just a long, fun experience I had six dances this year, which is double last years. Two were hip hop, two more were jazz, one was ballet and (deep breath) one was a solo. Yes, 'fraidy cat, Lia Day, actually got up on a stage and danced by herself. 


I even danced when the song kept on going and I finished the choreographed routine to the song. I didn't freak out, surprisingly. Actually, everything went fuzzy and I don't even know what I did. I guess I just danced (insert Lady Gaga song..."just dance, dance, everything is gonna be okay, ..."). It wasn't till today that I saw what I did in that seemingly long, but actually short, period of time. It didn't look great, but at least I didn't sit there and freak out, right?

I did freak out when I arrived at the high school where our recital is held and found out I not only left my 'crazy' socks for hip hop, but my hip hop bottoms, which are very important. I highly doubt anyone would like to see me in only my tights. 0.0 Freaky thought right there. Luckily, my mom (even though she was ticked. I LOVE YOU MOMMY!) drove back, tore through my stuff, and retrieved them for me. She was able to do all this before my first dance. She's got super mommy skills.

Other than that there we no other 'mishaps'.There where, however, other crappy things--like our ballet costumes. I have three words for you: Barbie Fairy Princess.
I felt like I should be in some Barbie movie! Not only were we dressed in sparkley, pink, itchy costumes, we had crowns and frilly little chokers (that equally itched). Let's just say every girl in that dance couldn't wait to get the dance done and over with. It was beyond itchy, just so you know. It even caused one girl to get a small rash.

I won't bore you with many details, so I'll stop there. I gave you the good, juicy stuff (if you can call it that.).

So, my recital was itchy, good and very, very long (around five hours. Thank you, everyone who came.) My brother Aaron basically drew a comic book in that time. I wish I had gotten to read it...


Now that I have bored you with recital stories I'll move on to my HUGE dilemma. It's big. I mean BIG. It's life changing almost. What's the problem?

I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do. For. My. Sixteenth. Birthday.

Okay, it's not huge really, but I just realized my birthday isn't too far away. In fact, it's almost a month away. And...it's my sixteenth. It's the big 1-6. Am I not suppose to do something awesome? Well, I have no clue what to do. I'm just sitting here freaking out.

I'm almost sixteen. I'm heading into the 11th grade. College is getting oh-so close.
I'M GETTING OLDER.

I know, I know, profound discovery but...I feel like I should still be seven, you know? Because seven is the best age. I miss it. But I won't live in the past! No, I'll look forward to the future! Eek, the future looks a little scary. Why? BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

Remember? I told you I'm a very, very nosy person. Well, it kills me not knowing, but I almost don't want to know. You get what I mean? Yeah, I'm confusing myself. I should probably stop this rambling now.

If you have any 16th B-Day ideas for me send me a message ( mythoughtsinone@gmail.com) or leave a comment! I'll back into the blog swing, I promise. I have a nice long to-do list and it's bugging the crap out of me. I'm trying to get the writing part of it done now. Let's hope it works!

Much Love,

1 comment:

  1. I just thought of the best birthday idea EVER.... we should go to Chucky Cheese together... LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...