Saturday, May 28, 2011

Guest post: Palindrome

Well here I am.
Lia wanted me to do a guest post for her, so thats what I'm doing..
I guess I will do a....

...movie review of pirates of the caribbean 4

so
the movie was overall okay
I mean, it wasn't really anything spectacular. 

The story line was okay, but sort of a repeat of all of the other stories. I mean, pirates, on a quest to find a treasure. It got a little boring.

The characters were okay.
of course my favorite was:

but he is always my favorite.

Blackbeard was okay. He wasn't quite as... well, he wasn't quite like I've always imagined the real Edward Teech. He was too... wishy-washy in my opinion. However, they really chose a good actor for him.

Angelica wasn't that great.
The relationship between her and Jack really bugged me.
Jack is more of a flight risk than a kind to be tied down to a woman.
Angelica being in the movie added a great deal of immodesty and sexual innuendo's that weren't in the other movies. I wasn't very fond of her.

Philip the missionary was a pretty good character. 
It did bother me when, towards the end of the movie, he let lust kill him.

Serena the mermaid was another okay character. 
She added more immodesty to the movie.
I disliked the whole idea of the Mermaids being added from the very beginning and as the movie went, I disliked them more and more. The mermaids take men away, with what is called the mermaids kiss. I'm sure you can use your imagination for the rest.
I really didn't like the mermaids.

and the rest of the characters were sort of minor.

The movie has small uses of voodoo. 
lots of sexual innuendoes and immodesty.
Obviously the use of alcohol (rum).
small bits of paganism
and lots of mocking of religion.

over all it was an
okay
movie.

I definitely wouldn't see it again, and I wouldn't take little kids to see it.

if you, like me, absolutely LOVED the first three movies, and wanted to see the continuation of the story, I would recommend watching it. 

If you are just now entering the pirate scene,
or you thought the first movies were okay, I wouldn't recommend it.


savvy?

-Palindrome aka Hannah
Visit my blog at: http://daisesandroses.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...