Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My (Really Long) Summer Reading List

Ever since school started I haven't really had much of a chance to read any random book that strikes my fancy. Over the school year I have been saying, "Oh, I need to read that book over the summer," or, "Hey, that's going on my summer reading list." (Wow, my hands feel so funny after weed-wacking--too many typos!!!) So, I thought I'd share a few (a lot) of the books I'm going to try and get done this summer. Book-worms, enjoy! (I'm too lazy to do links for every book. Sooo, deal.)

1. Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis



2.The  Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


3. Pendragon: The Rivers of Zadaa by D.J MacHale



4. (Re-Read) City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

5. The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan

6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
7.Tex by S.E Hinton
8. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
9. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
10. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
11. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
12. The Secret Hours by Scott Westerfeld


And I'll stop there. xD At the rate I'm going, I'll never get my actual full-length list done. (Let alone this mini one.) Now, excuse me while I go and try and finish a book that has taken me at least THREE (Yeah, yeah--go ahead and gasp.) to read. Yes, three weeks. It's only 416 pages long. What is WRONG with me?

xD

Lia

*Edit*

Here is the actual full-length list I've compiled so far. I've already started Mere Christianity, which I'm liking so far!


  1. Mere Christianity
  2. The Hunger Games
  3. Pendragon: The Rivers of Zadaa
  4. City of Ashes
  5. The Lighting Thief
  6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  7. Tex
  8. Little Brother
  9. On the Jellico Road
  10. Incarceron
  11. The Chocolate War
  12. The Secret Hours
  13. The Mysterious Benedict Society
  14. Paper Towns
  15. The Truth About Forever
  16. Twisted
  17. Flipped
  18. The Maze Runner
  19. Blood and Chocolate
  20. The Lovely Bones
  21. How I Live Now
  22. Keeping the Moon
  23. Jinx
  24. That Summer
  25. The Monstrumologist
  26. Heist Society

Look 'em up and tell me if you like any of them! Also, make a blog post on your blog about YOUR summer reading list. Link to it in the comments. :D

3 comments:

  1. you need to read Lightening Thief bad... it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jellicoe Road, Percy Jackson, Flipped, The Hunger Games, Mere Christianity, and personally, I'd skip The Lovely Bones (I was greatly disappointed, because of a lot of sexual content). I'm dying to read Incarceron, The Maze Runner, and Paper Towns as well :D!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...