Friday, May 20, 2011

I regret.....

I regret...

Ignoring you.
Harboring evil thoughts about you.
Not trying.
Taking the easy way out.
How I acted that day.
Not caring.
What I said.
Being too scared.
Crying.
Hurting you.
Lacking faith in you.
Not finishing.
Watching that happen.
Hating myself.

I regret a lot of things. Who doesn't?
"Then they cried to the lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress." Psalms 107: 13 Lucky for us we can tell God about them.

 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." 2 Cor. 7: 10. Lucky for us, our regrets can be washed away by Christ.

Lord, I regret something every day. Every day. Please, Lord, take these regrets of mine. Let them be no more.


Life is short, as we all know. How do you know when your's will end? You can't. So, toss all the regrets away, because ( I can't remember which song this is from) "Because all our mistakes make us who we are".

I know, sappy, sentimental post. I was just thinking. And, no, this has nothing to do with 'THE WORLD IS ENDING" tomorrow thing. If it does, who cares? We're all DEAD. Okay, I know that sound depressing but it's true.  I don't think that person is going to really care if you told them the truth, etc. if you're all dead.  You're conscious might feel better though, I guess. (My insane mind-wanderings HAVE to stop. xD)

Anyway, I'm going to lighten up this depressing post with...,you guessed it,....pictures! Happy, spring-ish pictures.








All Photos (c) Copyrighted to Lia Day/ My Thoughts In One

3 comments:

  1. Just for the record, if the world is ending we aren't dead. Our bodies are dead, our souls aren't. It's not quite as simple as that.

    I do think the entire thing is ridiculous. I mean, what happened to "no one knows the day or time"???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm talking about, if we're dead, we're ether in Hell or in Heaven. If the world ends, the world has ended. There's nothing we can do about it. I know it's more complicated, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be so scary. The world is going to end, then the world is going to end!

    Our souls will hopefully be busy spending time with the Lord on high. :]
    Sorry if you misunderstood me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't find this post depressing at all, but rather encouraging:

    "I regret a lot of things. Who doesn't?
    "Then they cried to the lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress." Psalms 107: 13 Lucky for us we can tell God about them.
    "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." 2 Cor. 7: 10. Lucky for us, our regrets can be washed away by Christ. "

    Never heard this scripture/message before. Thanks for posting your 'insane mind-wanderings' :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...