Monday, May 2, 2011

To Join In...(Osama bin Laden)

When I got up this morning my facebook was flooded with post about Osama bin Laden's death (Fox News-Home Page.). Not even the status proclaiming snow, Merry Christmas or the Royal Wedding could reach the amount that came out of this event. Every single 'status' went along the lines of, "He's gone. Finally. I feel safer."

Here's the reason I'm joining into this whole shebang, because, honestly, I think we get the point people. He's dead. You're either happy, sad, or don't really care. If I see one more status on Facebook about it, I might just throw some bricks at people. (Says the girl making a blog post about it.) The reason I am making this blog post about it is to mainly correct the people who are basically having a party over one mans death and the other who act like he was a good soul. And to share my opinions on his death.

Osama bin Laden. He played a part in the death of hundreds and thousands. I think that's a little worse than being a serial killer in some city. Just saying. Osama bin Laden was with out a doubt a bad, bad man. Osama bin Laden obviously hated our homeland, America. Osama bin Laden has been on the run/hide from America for his hideous acts against us.

He was, with out a doubt, a terrible man.

Imagine him now though, standing before God. His legs trembling, hands shaking and mouth open in complete and utter awe of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

"Osama, my son," I can hear God saying, "Why have you done this to me?"

After being enraged at Osama for all his deeds this is when I start to pity him. Imagine, just imagine, standing in front of someone you thought was not real. Imagine now knowing you lived your whole life defying this God who controlled your fate. Talk about regret.

"Why did you turn your back on me? Why did you spit at my feet? Why did you beat me so? Why, my son, did you deny me?"

You know what I think is the worse part about hell? The fact that you have to spend an eternity knowing that you made the wrong choice. Regret, regret, regret. I can't imagine. That is what scares the crap out of me.

So, for all those who were victims of Osama bin Laden's wrong doings know that he's paying the price of his cruel deeds over and over again. Also know, though, that he was a creation of God. Made and formed by him. Let us pray that no other will have to suffer the fate that he did. Let's pray that his family realizes what Osama must be going through right now.

I don't wish that on anybody. I would pity anyone who had to fall into that fate. Even one of the cruelest man on Earth. But in the end, we all know the wages of sin is death. We all will die. Osama committed plenty of sin and he received his pay, just like all of us.

Now, some can rest at ease for a while. al Qaeda sill lives, which is sad. But I think Gorge W. Bush puts it best (I got this from a friends mother on FB. XD):

Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001.  I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission.  They have our everlasting gratitude.  This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.  The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message:  No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.

Let us not fear! God is in control. Let us not fear those who kill under the name of the Muslim religion, or those who hate American soil, but rest in God's arms and know he is our safety. Read Psalms. Basically you'll see that God will shield us from our enemies and cut them down one day. Meanwhile, we should love those who hate us. No, I don't mean that terrorist are just fuzzy, little kittens who want to be loved . I mean that we should pray that some how at least some of those under Muslim influence will see Christ as their savior and repent. That's where our hope lays, no other place.

So, tonight--send up a prayer for those in the Middle East, those who have been hurt by terrorist attacks and so on. For faith can move mountains. Even ones with scary, mean people on them. :]

Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...