Sunday, May 8, 2011

Writing because of books...

I've had writers block for ages now, ever since I stopped tearing through books. I've found that I can't write if I don't read. I need to read in order to be able to write. Strange, right?

Anyway, I was looking over some old stories and found a clip of one I really, really like. I made a post with it a while back because I was actually proud of it. I know it's not amazing writing but it hits home with me, that's for sure. So, I felt like sharing it again.

From one of my many, many stories, The Twisted Tale of Ella Bententon:


I sometimes, in vain hope, believe that I have been given this special gift, and/or, that I am being, destined to do something amazing, great, powerful. I'll lay in bed, grinning, as I replay scenes from my future adventures in my head, preparing myself for every possible scenario I might face. Producing witty comments, emotional scenes and action fit for a movie. But nagging me in the back of my mind is that simple thing that I refuse, that I hate, that I wish was never here at times; Reality.
Reality tells me, that deep down, I know that I have let the stories from books entrance me and drag me into the world they create, tugging at my incredible imagination to let loose and run wild. It reminds me that, even if this were to happen, that I am not brilliant, that I am nether strong or wise but that I am a dreamer. A girl with her head stuck in the clouds, forever.
It's bitter tasting, reality, it is. It stunts my elaborate dreams with a painful blow to the very head of the dream. It drives me to the brink of insanity knowing and not knowing. My dreams tell me there is a solid chance that I am like those in the books I read but reality tells me that I am just a girl, another earthly girl. Just another fantasizer.
Oh, but what would it be like, just to taste, glimpse, feel the pleasure of—superhuman, unnatural happenings! Of course, as I know very well, if I were to taste such delight I'd turn back to curse myself but it would be only part of the pleasure, if only the pleasure were mine.
But I know, in some strange, outlandish way I will get my wish, even if I do not see at first. I will get my wish. I hope and pray I do. But I do that a lot as a dreamer, hope and pray, because it's what us dreamers do best.
I believe though, that through the Grace of God, I will do my part in some way. For I am a dreamer, fantasizer, a girl with wild imagination. I can put those skills to work and do all I can for now to rest my aching soul; tell the stories. I will tell the stories I long to become so that I may live them, in a strange way, as much as if they were happing right in front of me, in real life.
I hope, and pray, of course, that those who are like me will feel the calling and reply with as much vigor as me. We were born to dream, born to wish, born to hope and born, yes born, to tell the Stories.

-Ella Bantenton-


You like?

Oh, and I am also changing my blog name soon. It's new name will be: My Thoughts in One or just Thoughts in One.
:]

Lia
 

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAGHHHH! The font is too small!
    I can't read it!!!! How will I know if it's a classic piece of literature or not?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHaha, sorry! I'll change that. I didn't realize that I had it too small...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...