Friday, September 16, 2011

Three New Books and One New Song

The Library. I could live in it. If books were an acceptable diet, I'd live off nothing else. I haven't read a bunch this year like planned to. But, finally, I've found several books that I think I'm happy with. Yesterday my brother was so gracious to take me to our Library.

I found these two books:


Peak  by Roland Smith

I've started this one and I'm almost half-way through. I've glanced at it a few times at the Library but never took the time to look at it. I've made a new rule though! I have to read the description and if doesn't interest me, I leave it at that. But if it does, I have to read at least a page of the book to see if I like the writing style. That's what I did with this one. It's one of those books that has a certain crowd it will draw in. If you're into the things Peak does, or just think what he does is cool, then it will be your type of book. But, if you don't like Peak's interest, you're not going to enjoy it much. I'm enjoying it because I envy Peak for his amazing abilities. I would love to do what he is doing in the book. Anyway, just check it out.

Next is, The House on Tradd Street by Karen White.


I ventured out of the Teen Section into the Adult Section, this time not in search for Ted Dekker or Lord of the Rings. I actually found a book in the Adult Section that looked interesting. I don't have much to say about this book because I haven't started it yet, but I am crossing my fingers. It better not let me down. xD

We also went to Ed McKay's last night. Ed Mckay's is a used book store that we love to go to. Their books are cheap and you can usually find them in pretty good condition. And, I just like the look of the place.  I bought a hard cover book there for only $2.50. And it's in great condition! It's called The Revenge of the Shadow King. Okay, okay. I'm aware and sounds and looks totally lame, but I was trying to be prejudice and judge a book by it's cover. It turns out, I just might like this book. I read a few pages and found it strangely interesting. I figured for $2.50, it was worth a try.



Now, onto the new song I have discovered. It's a Coldplay song and if you know me, I love Coldplay. It's a new song they released from the up coming album, Mylo Xyloto. I have no clue how to say that and what it means. Annnyway!

Here is the song:
The song may not be for everyone, but it's  has sure been made for me! I'm totally going to over play this song. (Yes, I'm one of THOSE people.)

I hope you have enjoyed!

With Much Love,

4 comments:

  1. Just waow! loved this paradise <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I haven't had any time to read any book =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words about our store! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iffi- Yay! I'm glad you liked it!

    Areesha- I know the feeling! I haven't had time lately. This week there was no book to read for school so I'm cramming in as many as possible!

    Ed McKays- You're welcome! Truly love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...