Monday, September 26, 2011

My leg hurts.

Oh, Lia, what did you do now?


White-water rafted. Yes, I (and family) finally hiked on down to the USNWC (U.S National Whitewater Center). My brother, Sam, is a rafting guide there. After visiting and busting my butt on a raft with him, I can say he is a good guide too!

Anyway, the whole trip was pretty cool! When we arrived we discovered we couldn't raft with Sam till 4:45, which was his next opening. So, my brother Aaron, his wife Emily and I attacked the 'Canyon Crossing'. Before your mind produces images of the Grand Canyon, it was just a like a dip between hills. Anyway.

We crossed some high, nerve-racking bridges then zip-lined back. To tell you the truth: that part wasn't really exciting. At all. It just made me really thirsty.

But then we whitewater rafted. Best. Thing. Ever.
Okay, so,this is odd. I like heights. It don't mind them. They never bother me till I have time to really get into the details of how I'd die if I fell. On the other hand, I'm deathly afraid of deep water. Heck, of water. I seriously can't look at a picture of a sunken boat. If I'm in the shower and I think about the ocean, I have to calm myself down. I'm pathetic.

Anyyyyywaaaay, back to the story.
So, I really, really enjoyed the rafting. My brother took us on the Wilderness Channel first, which is longer than the Competition one, but not as 'challenging.'. He was explaining us that both of the channels drop the same amount of feet, just one does it in a shorter distance.

On the first time around the Wilderness Channel, I almost fell out twice. Thankfully, my brother, who was pretty much lounging like it was nothing, caught me and kept me on. I never almost fell off again.

My mother did fall off.
Sam was making us do something called 'surfing' (I think), and the water was coming up into the boat. I guess it kind of just dragged my mom away. Luckily, we were in a part shallow enough for her to stand up and she did...only to be hit by another raft. We all got a good laugh out of that.

We went on the WC twice and the CC three times. It was a lot of fun. But I know, I know. You're wondering what this had to do with my leg?

Well, I guess I was using my right leg to brace myself a little too much because it's SUPER sore. (My little complaint of the day.)

I ended up doing the 'Mega-Zipline', which really wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Then we all went out to eat. My mom, Aunt Jean and I stayed at this incredibly awesome Bed & Breakfast. So. Yeah.

Sorry this post was so awkward and strange. I'm not really feeling the juices, but figured I'd tell you guys about my trip!

With Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...