Thursday, September 1, 2011

Polishing My Camera

Tomorrow I leave for D.C. My brother, his girlfriend, and I are going to spend two to three days up in D.C, hopefully having fun. I'm very, very excited. If I could polish my camera, I'd be doing that, right now.

It's not like I've never been to D.C. In fact, I usually go once a year. My grandparents live right outside of Washington D.C and when my Dad worked at my Grandpa's firewood company; we'd have to drive through D.C every single day. I'd pass the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Capital Building, Jefferson Memorial, ect. every single day for two weeks.

But even after ALL of that, I've never been to the Lincoln Memorial. I've never been up in the Washington Monument (Every time we tried, they were closed for some reason. Now there is no hope, seeing as it's closed forever. Sigh.) And it wasn't till two years ago that I stood in front of the White House. ( My Aunt works right up the road from it. How crazy is that?!?!)

It's pretty crazy that after sixteen years of me visiting D.C, I've never been to half of the memorials and museums. Heck, we delivered firewood to some of the museums restaurants and that's the farthest I've been into them! IN-SANE.

Well, I have seen the huge Christmas tree lighting. At the time Bush was in office, which means that was almost four years ago. Wait. What? It feels like it was only two  years ago. Wooooooah. Dude. I'm feeling really, really old all of a sudden.

I will be taking TONS, and I mean TONS, of photos. Beware, there will be a photo packed blog post coming when I get back. Hopefully I'll get a lot of good photography. :D

But anyway. I'm having to pack ALL my school work for this week (except my two papers. We talked to my teacher about that.) into three days. Not easy. But, hey, I'm up for it. So, I better get on todays school work. I still need to clean my room and dance too. I haven't even started my school work for today yet. I better do that...

With Much Love,

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I like in Islamabad, Pakistan and I've never been to many of the national sites here. Please do put up Pictures! I'd live to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that problem. xD

    I'll be sure to do so! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...