Saturday, December 4, 2010

It Is Finished/ I'm Not Paranoid [#1]

What is finished?
Why drivers ed of course.

Oh yes, I passed. I passed alright. With a 98! Two points from 100, possibly mended by small games played.

I think I might have gotten one of the highest in the class, which make me feel super smart. Just saying. Even though I know the test wasn't that hard and we studied it for, I dunno, a month.

But did I also tell you that I am a NaNoWriMo winner? Don't know what NaNoWriMo is? Lemme put a nice little link: NaNoWriMo

My friend Hannah and I stayed up to write till midnight so we could get our word count. Let's just say...we were very, very, clever. ;] But the only downfall, well, maybe not, is that every time I use a contraction now I notice. When I was writing I wouldn't [See, one right there!] use contractions because I wanted to up my word count. Now, every time I see them, I give a full seconds thought to them, sadly. Maybe this will help me not use contractions in my school papers but I have this bad feeling that the problem is going to be gone by then, right?

Today my mom and I were suppose to go 'camping' with my Aunt at a park about a hour away. But now we have the threat of snow. Didn't I tell you I hate bad timing? I still do. >.<

I DON'T WANT IT TO SNOOOOOOWWWW! WAHHHHH! WAHHHHH!

Okay, hissy fit is officially over. [But it's sure to be back inf five minutes, stay tuned.] It hasn't snowed yet but it is literally looming over us in big, nasty snow clouds. This makes me very sad that I live in a place that can get snow. That's why I'm going to move. Bye mom, I'm moving to Africa, toodles.[Of course being murdered and such is much better than snow...]

If you can't tell...I hate the cold. The cold chills you to the bone and there is no escape except sitting under five sleeping bags and what's the fun in that? The heat wins by miles because you can sit in a air conditioned house, or pool or sit on a block of ice. At least it doesn't go straight to your bones! [Okay, so sitting in a fire...not good idea but I mean when it's hot in temperature as in...well, whatever you get what I mean.]

Now, I want to introduce you to a new 'thing' I'm brining on here. It's called:

I'm Not Paranoid: How To Keep Yourself...Safe. 

Wondering what it's going to be about? Well, let me tell you this; I'm paranoid...but in a good way. You see I'm always keeping my eyes peeled, doing my little 'tricks' that you'll learn about later and I trust no stranger or some one I have just met.  [I'm totally spy material. xD]

Now, the I'm Not Paranoid clips are going to be tips on how to be 'safe' in public areas or at home alone, or at least what I have learned to do automatically. Here is the first one:

Public Bathrooms [I'm Not Paranoid #1] 
Public bathrooms. Known for how nasty they are, they show the disgusting underbelly to human beings and their hygiene. I'd rather hold it for a good hour than stop at a public bathroom to be mortified by the lack of cleanliness. That's how much I loath Public Bathrooms.
And you know what I hate even more? Freaky, dark public bathrooms that have flickering lights, things that make noises and doors that swing open and shut on bad hinges. I'm growing upset just thinking about it.
You know why I hate those bathrooms? Because it feels like someone is lurking in there...ready to grab me.
I've heard tons of stories about people being robbed, kidnapped or even murdered in bathrooms. [Freaking you out yet?] So bathrooms=bad in my mind. But I like to be prepared for whatever may lay ahead when I do enter one of those freaky, hellish places. This is what I do and you might want to do too:
  • If you have a pocket book/shopping bag or any type of bag with some material in it hold it in such a way were you could use it as a weapon if need be. [I know I have to be freaking you out now.] Pocket books are great for holding money...and beating the crap out of people who are trying to steal your money. Haven't you ever seen those shows where the old lady beats up the young guy trying to rob her with her little, purple purse. Good idea right there. 
  • Next, when you push the door open push it open wide so that you know no one is behind the door unless you know there is a hand-dyer inconveniently placed right behind the door like there has been. 
  • Next, as soon as you step into the bathroom take it all in with one sweep of the room. [I don't always do my steps but this is one I never skip on. It's just...habit.] You need to know where the sinks are, toilets, couch, ect. Knowing the placements of things can help you more than you know! If you know where things like soap or sinks are you can use those in your defense too.
  • Now, as you walk in try to count all the people in the bathroom by listening [No you sick-o, I don't mean in that way. lol] and looking. This can help you make sure you have other people in there if you need help in any sorts.
  • Next, make sure as you walk , go into stalls, come out of stalls, ect stand in such a way that you can see everything around you. You don't want to be surprised!
  • When you open the stall door once again make sure the door swings all the way. 
  • Other tips: Ask a friend to go with you if a bathrooms really creepy. I do even when the bathroom isn't creepy because I hate bathrooms that much. Also make sure you enter the RIGHT bathroom. Just saying. I bet you knew that though, right? I'd hope so. 
That's all I got on that one. I hope you now know how to make sure you're safe in a bathroom. I don't always do everything on that list but it would be a good habit. I like being safe from freaky people...and freaky bathrooms.

This post shall come to end now! And sadly, I won't be going to the cabin in a awesome park with my awesome Aunt Jean and my awesome mother. Sadly I shall be staying home. Boo hoo.

Toodles,
LIA

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...