Friday, December 24, 2010

Mary's Song

So, my friend Hannah pointed out something about Mary. Mary, even though she was in a pretty crazy situation, praised and THANKED God for all he's done! After the shock and surprise of being given the task/gift of having baby Jesus in her womb she thanks God for all the good he has done in her life.

Here is her song [Mary's Song, found in Luke.]:

46 And Mary said:    “My soul glorifies the Lord
 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has been mindful
   of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
   holy is his name.
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him,
   from generation to generation.
51 He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
   he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52 He has brought down rulers from their thrones
   but has lifted up the humble.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things
   but has sent the rich away empty.
54 He has helped his servant Israel,
   remembering to be merciful
55 to Abraham and his descendants forever,
   just as he promised our ancestors.”

If I was Mary here is what I KNOW I would say: "God...wait...what? How could you? How could you do this to me? You know I'm about to be married! What will people think? My word, how could you? And you know I don't even LIKE kids, why are you giving ME the Savior to the world? THIS IS TOO MUCH TO TAKE!" *faints*

Yeah, I guess that's why it was Mary and not me...xD

Anyway, this just reminds me that we tend to, in bad times, blame God for every bad thing in our life and we get angry and mad at him, then we ignore all the GOOD he's put into our life! We only focus on the bad and ugly, not the blessing we've received...like him, our Savior. The very gift of life is amazing enough. The fact that the world stays glued together is...just...amazing. I don't know how else to describe it other than...amazing, because it is! God gave us love and that should be enough. I know, I know, of course, as humans, we won't find it to be enough but at least, at times, we can bask in
his love and know and appreciate that it is enough.

I love your Lord for everything you've done. :]

God Bless!
Lia

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title of this I was like: >.> because I thought it was the Taylor Swift song Mary's song... lol. xD

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...