Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Mother, a wise woman.

This is going to be, in some ways, a political post, if you can call it that.

To start, I have a blog post made by my mother on her blog. This post has all the links you'll need to understand what she's talking about. It's very good and she has a great point!

The link: Wall Street, Journaled-- Freedom Of Speech, For thee but not for me?

Have a good time reading that!

Now, onto other news-like talk.
I'm sure you all know about the tragic, and scary, shootings that happened in Arizona this past week. It enrages me to know that someone could, consciously, open fire on a crowd of people! I know, some people, are saying he was insane, but, I think, it's still a mind-bending action.

But you want to know what makes this worse for me? What makes my stomach twist in anger?

The fact that they're already pointing the finger, blaming, accusing, Conservatives and Republicans. I don't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, or the tooth fairy, you, at a time like this, and after a tragedy like that, should act like a grown up and, instead of throwing rocks at the other party, join together to try and help victims and mourn for those who are lost!

I, since I have FoxNews as my homepage, have been watching this build up, like a crappy T.V drama! Here is the latest article I've read: FoxNews: Palin Criticizes Manufacturers of 'Blood Libel' as Proponents of Speech Limits Cite Sharron Angle

Okay, my rant is over, I guess. I hope you got what I meant!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you for the compliment :)

    Secondly, within any human population there will always be a certain percentage of unstable, mentally ill, or deranged individuals. Therefore you can't expect to make sense of the actions of every person.

    Public officials know when they take office that there is always a small, irreducible chance that they will be attacked. There is no way to completely insulate them from threats without taking away the basic rights guaranteed to Americans by the Constitution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true! Hmm, maybe every politician should wear full-body armor. xD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...