Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Princess and the Frog: Why It's The Best

The Princess and the Frog, a classic story read and re-told to hundreds of little girls across the world. A story of sweet and beautiful love.

A story a hate with all my body and soul.

I'm sorry, if a frog walked up to me and proclaimed, "I am a prince! KISS ME!", you know what I'd do?
I would talk to it. No, I wouldn't kiss it. No, I wouldn't scream at the top of my lungs in run. I'd talk to it, but there is NO WAY in the whole wide world I'd kiss a darn frog saying it's a prince.

Hey, if it was a frog saying, "Hey, girl, yeah, you good looking...I want a kiss.", I might kiss it. At least it's not giving me some phony lie about being a prince under some spell. PUH-LEEZ, how many times have I heard that one?

Anyway, so, this classic tale of the poor prince put under a spell to be a frog ask some b-e-a-utiful princess to give him a smooch, then-bam!-he's that handsome prince charming the princess wanted. Blah, blah, blah. Save it for someone who cares, right?

But guess what one of my new favorite movies is.
Yeah, that's right,The Princess and the Frog.

Why, you might ask. Well, I'll tell you why.

One- Makes A Lame Story Awesome


What use to be a mushy, dumb and plain-out boring story, has been turned into an exciting adventure. Instead of the same old witch who is constantly being pin-pointed for all the crimes in Fairy Tale Land, it's a VooDoo man named The Shadowman/Dr.Faciler. It's got a hard working girl, instead of some princess, and she's not rich. Also, they're not humans the whole movie, but green, slimy frogs(...who somehow have teeth.).

It seems like they made it for older kids, not the little ones that usually go for the 'princess' stories. So, the lame, wanna-be romance story is turned into an awesome, funny romance/fairy tale story.

Two- Best Characters Ever


How could you NOT like a movie with a trumpet playing, fat, drama queen,crocodile?


Louis is a trip, but so is Ray. I freakin' LOVE Ray. *SPOILER ALERT-->* I nearly cried when he died. Sigh. Ray, I would be your best friend EVER.


Ray is the type of guy everyone needs to know.
Oh, then there is Mama Odie. Let's just say, I want to be her when I'm old.
She's the type of lady who you would find beating up some robber for trying to take her purse. I want her as a grandma!

Three- Best Music...EVER. 


I can't really tell you, I just have to show you.


Friends On the Other Side-Dr.Faciler

Almost There- Tiana 
Down in New Orleans - Tiana



And I'll only do one more...

Ma Belle Evangiline- Ray


Yeah, I love that movie. It's so much fun and it's better than most Disney Princess stories. Although, Tangled was really good too!

:]
I hope you enjoyed!

With Much Love,

3 comments:

  1. I STILL haven't seen this movie! I wonder if my library will get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It better! Haha!
    I watched the movie for the FIFTH time (I watched it once last year and four times this year.) yesterday. Yeah, I'm a little obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's a princess movie with a twist! And for those who object to the New Orleans 'hoodoo' aspects, may I point out that Snow White features witches and trolls, Cinderella features a fairy godmother who works magic, Beauty and the Beast features magic and spells, Aladdin has magic carpets and a genie (jinn),and the Little Mermaid has mythical creatures, ancient Greek/Roman gods, and a witch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...