Friday, July 29, 2011

The Last Day

The last day is always the day you want to pack in as much fun, but you are constantly nagged by the fact that it is all going to come to an end. A nasty, unwanted end.

This mission week has been so much fun. I have spent a week with some of the best people on the face of this planet. My youth group is possibly the best out there. I'm just saying.

Anyway, today is the last day, as I have mentioned. I wasn't able to capture much with my camera because...urm, I forgot my memory card. But I'm bringing it today to snap a few, last-minute pictures for memories.

I'm afraid I'll tear up today, that's how bad I don't want this to end. It's crazy, no? I usually don't get too upset about things like this. I guess I just haven't been able to hang out with a lot of my friends as much as I'd like to this summer and now summer is almost over.

In risk of sounding cheesy, please, please, pleasssssseeeeeeeee, hang out with your friends as much as possible. I hate being away from them from long periods of times. It's like having every hair on your body plucked, one every second. xD

I got to see Cassidy, Bri, Stephanie, Sarah and Erica all week. This weekend I get to see Hannah. Last weekend I was with Julianna and Alden. I'm on a friend high right now. I freakin' love them so much. I'm glad I have every one of them.

I hope to grow even closer to all of them so that I'll always have someone to nag, talk to when I'm bored, nag, share awesome memories with, nag some more, and force to model for me. Hopefully they'll get use to me shoving my camera and their face and screaming, "Hold still! I haven't gotten the picture yet!" followed by, "HEY! WHY DID YOU MOVE?"

I'm an angry photographer.

This week I also realized something that made me feel a little better about my singing, because I know I can't sing. I know and don't care too much. (Notice the 'too'.) Anyway, as we were doing praise and worship last night and I finally started to sing, I kind of realized that God gave us our voices for a reason. Our singing might not sound good to any human, but God gave it to us and, since he wants to hear it, must think it sounds good, you know? So, the whole night, while I missed notes and stumbled over the words of songs, I kept on remembering that God gave me the voice I have and it might no sound good to anyone else but him. I think I'm just fine with that. :]
Thank God for friends and life, because they're both pretty good. Pretty dang good.

:D

With Much Love,





2 comments:

  1. I love your revelation about voices! That's so beautiful and perfect! Isn't God cool? :D

    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 this post... I'm on a friend high right now too, though I haven't been hanging out with as many different ones as you have. Mostly spending time with my sis, Starr, spent a day with Henry and his friends, Liz, Kels, and some family. Your revelation about voices interests me... I can't sing AT ALL either, but I never really thought of it as okay, because He made it the way he did on purpose... glad you thought of it, and shared :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...