Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bracing for Insanity

This  summer is flying by at a ridiculous speed. One moment it's May and the next it's July.  For me, school is going to be starting in about two weeks. Two measly weeks.

I feel like I still have months to go before school starts back to it's usual insanity. Before we know it, it'll be Christmas. I hope that doesn't fly by too.

Curse you time. You're a crazy thing, that's for sure.

This week is my youths Mission Week and I have to miss it. I never thought it would come and now I have to miss it because of work. Work defiantly has it's ups and downs. I'll miss all the good times I have with my fellow youth. And I'll really miss Lake Day. Oh well! It's the price I pay for money! Sigh.

On the plus side, I went school supplies shopping. Call me strange, but I love school supply shopping! You have to understand. I'm not much of a clothes shopper, but I'm most defiantly a book/school supply shopper. I like having new books, binders, pencils, notebooks,ect. It's the feeling of a fresh start, I guess.

This school year is looming ahead, kind of scary, and I know I'll need all the 'fresh start' I can get. I know it's going to be a hard school year, but I'm willing to take the challenge. Maybe. Sort of. I hope...

I'm actually suppose to be reading Beowulf over the next couple of weeks, which I'm already dreading. See, school hasn't even started and I'm procrastinating! This doesn't bode well. Anyway, I really don't want to read the book. I read about two sentences and couldn't understand a single word. Is that pathetic? I hope not.

Oh, and I'm also going to be ordering a new backpack! FINALLY! I need one that can hold all my junk. I'm torn between this one and this one. Tell me which one you like better, please.

There are highlights to going back to school. Like...


all the crazy friends you make.  


And their totally different personalities. 

The memorable times. 

And the new discoveries. 

The nonsense. 

The laughter. 

The burst of random fun. 

And the silly things we do. 

And then there are the bad things. Like schoolwork, stress, and last minute cramming. I guess they balance each other out in the long run. Right? Right. 

:]

I hope everyone has a good school year, just like I plan to. (Let's hope that plan follows through.)



Love,

2 comments:

  1. I like the first bag.

    It's hard to believe that school is already starting back! Insane!
    It is weird to hear people talk about school starting back though, because I've been doing school all summer and my vacation is in August-September.


    I miss you. Like a lot. Come back into my life. Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been doing school all summer too, but not my usual class-room, once a week school.

    I miss you too! Come and bring me chocolate! ;]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...