Friday, July 29, 2011

A unsolved mystery that has baffled all men, 
brought up by God and woven by his hands. 
It's ways unknown, it's reason unheard, 
a powerful force that makes the world turn.
It's in the tick of a clock, stashed away in a corner, 
the sun as it rises and the sun as it falls,
the stars as they appear, twinkling and bright, 
it's etched into our brains, or heart and life. 
Most men beg for more of it, and some try to ignore it. 
It baffles all scholars who stop to think, 
confuses all philosophers who dare to wonder, 
and makes every common man rethink their world.
It's the trickiest thing, something only God knows of,
it steals us away, controlling our life, 
this thing, it's time, this thing called time,
it has become the most beautiful crime. 
LIA 

Yeah. Not the best poem, but it will do. I'm still stuck on the amazing abilities of time. If there is one thing I can't wait to hear god explain, it's time. A strangely beautiful thing.  

I don't understand it and I don't think we ever can. I seriously CAN'T imagine a world with out time. I have a crazy imagination and yet, there is no way a world with out time can even seem possible to me. Time puts me in awe of God. God can control time. He made it, after all. We can only marvel at it and continue to try and unlock it's mysteries. You realize that God has control over all time and we don't even understand time yet? 

That is kind of...amazing, freaky, cool, exciting, and comforting. 

I mean, if God can control time, obviously he can take care of us, right? 

And you know something else that amazes me? The human brain. Talk about beautiful art work.I don't even know too much about the brain, but what I do know makes me realize how truly amazing God is. I love the mountains. They are so beautiful. God really made some amazing things out there and mountains are one of them. But his most beautiful, breath-taking, and awe-inspiring creation was the brain. 

To think that a four pound pile of goop (okay, okay, not exactly scientifically accurate...) is creating everything I am writing right now is...I don't even know how to describe it. Just like time, we haven't unlocked everything we can know about the brain. We've made advances in our knowledge of brains, but there is still so much to learn.

Okay, I'll stop my mini rant on brains and time now. I just wanted to point out how strange/awesome they both are.

With Much Love,

3 comments:

  1. Did you read my post on time?

    After our conversation, it was begging to be made.

    Great poem!

    Here's a link to my post: http://daisesandroses.blogspot.com/2011/07/lost-somewhere-in-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I read it! I kind of had to laugh because I was planing on making a post just like it. Instead, I just marveled at it. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the poem and the rant on time, and the mini rant on the brain too xD. I am also astounded by the eye... but the brain's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...