Monday, August 1, 2011

Thirteen Five Year Olds For Five Hours

Saturday I helped out at a friends Aunt's VBS. My friend, Hannah, and I were in charge of the five to six year old group, which was suppose to be the smallest. Suppose.

We ended up with the largest group of them all. Thirteen of them. Yes, you read that right. Thirteen hyper little boys and girls. It's like they multiplied every second. As more and more came, Hannah and I began to exchange looks.

Wait, I thought we only had about...four?


Well, it turned out that there was a mistake. The people who put it together weren't thinking about the kids ages changing, so they figured the groups would basically be the same as the year before. It's a mistake that I would have made.

Anyway, so the amount of kids they thought were going to be in the four year old group ended being in our five year old group. Lucky for us, Hannah and I have some awesome skills (or God really loves me) and we did a pretty good job. All the adults told us we did an amazing job.

But, by the end of the day, I decided I didn't like being a VBS group leader. Well, I did like being able to boss people around. That's fun. But other than that, no, I don't like it.

I was glad to help though. Everyone there was really nice and was fed, which is the way to my heart. (If you give me tasty food I will love you forever.)

Yesterday, I spent the whole day with the Street family. They're beyond amazing. I went to my old church, which I miss too much for words to express. It's full of some of the best people in the whole wide world, including the Street family.

Before school starts I have to read Beowulf. Well, actually my mom is reading it with me to make sure I understand what's going on, but so far I've been doing just fine. It's really not that hard. Famous last words. Hahaa!

I'm slowly becoming nervous about school. I really don't want to stress this year, but I'm worried I will. Kind of...ironic, right? Prayers would be welcomed x400. Last year, my 2nd semester was cruel because I was learning how to handle school, work and dance, which wasn't going to well. Each day was another steep mountain to climb, but I got through it.  I prevailed and this year I will do the same.

Right? Gulp.

I have a few notable upcoming events I might have told you about.

1. I have dance tryouts August 9th, or around there. Prayer would be awesome, again! I hope my back and dancing gets a little better before then. I really need to practice more, but I don't want to strain my back at the same time. Life. So complicated. ;]

2. School starts back August 16th. I kind of don't want it to. I kind of do. Once again, life is complicated.

3. My Students for Life group and another Students for Life group will be hosting a Pro-Life retreat. It should be fun and full of tasty, tasty food. I don't know why I'm excited about it...

4. Regular dance starts back. YAY! It's not like I haven't been dancing all summer, but I get to add on some more classes and hopefully have moved to a new class. I really, really, REALLLLLLLLLY, want to improve my dancing this year. I haven't progressed much since I started and I not only want to but need to if I want to actually move on up. Haha, prayer. It's nice. You should pray for me. :]

Yeah, that's all I think of right now, but I have a pretty busy schedule. Birthdays, work, dance, church, SFL, school...it's not easy, but it's a challenge.

Okay, I'll stop talking and wish you an awesome day!

With Much Love,

2 comments:

  1. #1. Our combined child watching skills pwn.

    #2. Your dancing has so improved!! I think you've found a future career in dance!! So you are actually moving up classes?? :D

    #3. You'll do fine in school, just like every year... can you believe it though? I'll be a sophomore this year and you'll be a junior! That is so crazy. When we met we were in, like, 6th grade.

    #4. I know how you feel about work and everything. I've got the photography, the soap, and the job with Stesha AND school this year. I'm not really sure how it will work out... so, if you pray for me I'll pray for you. ;)

    #5. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could NEVER handle that many kids... just one freaks me out some! I don't handle irrationality well and when children, well, act like children I freeze up xD. It sounds like you've been and will be really, really busy! I can definitely relate... been pretty crazy for me lately too, every single day doing something (except today, it was a lazy day--which means I spent the whole day gathering items to take with me to college, cleaning my room, and making lists and phone calls). Anyway, my previously boring summer has vanished to be replaced by a monster that's almost completely out of control! But it's been fun, and I'm spending time with loved ones, so that is what matters in the end. I hope that your upcoming school year and year of dance go wonderfully! I'll definitely be praying for you August 9th! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love to hear from anyone who reads my blog. If you're a first timer; have a look around!
-Lia-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...